In the City of Philadelphia, there are plenty of different non-profit organizations to get involved with that are focused specifically on the LGBT community.
1. The ACLU of Pennsylvania strives to improve the individual rights of LGBT people. On their website you can research some of the legislative work that they have been involved in.
2. The Delaware Valley Fund seeks to increase funding in order to support initiatives that will benefit the LGBT Community. Learn more about some of the events that they host around the city to encourage individuals to be more philanthropic.
3. Equality PA is most recognized for leading the fight for marriage equality. Now, they work to improve the lives of the LGBT Community and reduce the instances of hate crimes.
4. Galaei is an organization that works specifically with the Latino LGBT Community to promote AIDS education and to improve the human rights of their community.
5. The Mazzoni Center is a patient care provider located in the Gayborhood. The center offers free HIV and STD testing throughout the week.